EXPERIENCED PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER IN WEST PLAINS
INJURED IN A CAR ACCIDENT? CALL TODAY AT 417-505-5606!
According to the Missouri State Highway patrol there were 151,353 traffic accidents in Missouri in 2010. From these accidents 54,875 people were injured and 821 people died. Nationwide, The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reported 30,196 fatal crashes across the country for the same year. Suffering injuries due to the careless or reckless actions of another driver on the road is a frightening experience, especially if this is the first accident you have been involved in.
What Sets Our Firm Apart
- Millions of dollars recovered for clients
- You don’t pay us unless we win
- Backed by 80+ years of combined legal experience
- Chosen as Top 100 Trial Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers
- Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers® from 2007 to 2015
- Selected as The Best Lawyers in America® from 2013 to 2015
- Recipients of an AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell®
- Members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum® and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
We know how traumatic a collision with a drunk driver or a speeding motorist can be, and rest assured we will do everything we can to put our experience to work for you.
The aftermath of an accident can leave victims feeling unsettled, to say the least. This is not the time, however, to fall short on the responsibilities expected of you.
- If possible, the parties involved in a motor vehicle collision should remain on the scene long enough to trade personal and vehicle information that will later be used to file a claim with your insurance company. Write down the car make and model, year, license plate number and name and contact information of the other person involved in your accident.
- With the help of a legal professional, the circumstances surrounding the collision can be reviewed – even recreated for a more thorough assessment, if need be – and then a plan of action will be devised accordingly.
- Most legal claims regarding car accidents are made under the assumption that negligence was involved. If it can be proven that reasonable care was not taken in the events leading up to the wreck that left you or any passengers injured, legal actions will need to be taken to address the problem.
- Once your attorney has established what led to the accident, i.e. running a red light, speeding, filing to signal, driving under the influence or disobeying traffic signs, the case can then move forward.
NO RECOVERY? NO FEES! CALL US TODAY.
Only with the proper legal attention on your side do you stand a chance of bringing to light the wrongful actions that were taken against you and working towards exposing them for what they are. A professional West Plains car accident attorney should be contacted as soon as possible after your accident, as they will be the best ones to inform you of your options, rights and the procedures that should be taken moving forward with the process.
Many victims of accidents can be awarded compensation for their property damage and personal injury, but the situation needs to be brought before the legal system before this can be the case. At Henry & Williams, P.C., we have over 80 years of combined legal experience and a history obtaining millions of dollars in restitution for our clients, earning us membership in the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums®.
WHAT LED TO YOUR ACCIDENT? DETERMINING LIABILITY
Many different conditions could ultimately lead to a motor vehicle accident, most of which could have been avoided had the proper safety precautions been met and had the rules of the road been followed. Reckless and / or negligent driving is one of the most common causes for car accidents in areas throughout the country, and Springfield is no exception. All too often, some version of unsafe driving practices will be found in association with the accident at hand. Whether through excessively speeding, driving far below the speed limit, improperly passing another vehicle or making an inappropriate lane change, if it can be proven that unsafe driving behaviors were at play, the responsible party can be held liable under the law.
WHAT IS THE LEADING CAUSE OF CAR ACCIDENTS?
Out of all the various possible causes of car accidents, distracted drivers are the biggest culprits. It may not seem overly dangerous, but it leads to countless injuries and deaths every year. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there are three main types of driver distraction: manual, cognitive, and visual. Manual distraction means that the driver's hands actually have left the steering wheel. This could be because they are texting, eating, or putting on makeup. Visual distraction means that the driver's eyes were not on the road. Again, this could be because they were using their cell phone or talking to someone else in the car. Cognitive distraction means that although their eyes are on the road and their hands are on the wheel, their mind is not focused on what they are doing. This could range from talking on the phone to emotional distress to driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
HOW OFTEN DO CAR ACCIDENTS OCCUR?
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), across the nation at least one person is involved in a motor vehicle accident every ten seconds. Every half hour another person will lose his / her life in an accident that was caused by a drunk driver. This is another example of a reckless driver whose negligent actions can be held liable in a court of law. The legalities of an accident are so complex that many different conditions will need to be reviewed, including causes unrelated to a driver's actions, i.e. poorly designed roads, product defects (tires, airbags, etc.), bad weather conditions and so much more.